Bioinformatics Programmer 3
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Bioinformatics Programmer 3
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Institute of Genomics
Date Posted: 11/28/2017
Position Information: This position is currently being recruited under two separate postings, as a Bioinformatics Programmer 2 (job #17926262) and a Bioinformatics Programmer 3 (job #17926680), and will be filled accordingly based on qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match for their skills and experience. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the level(s) for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in both pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions. The Institute for Integrative Genome Biology at the University of California, Riverside invites applications for a Bioinformatics Programmer in the newly established Metabolomics Core Facility. Responsibilities will include performing complex statistical procedures on metabolomics datasets and developing tools and workflows for high throughput data processing, curation, and visualization. The successful candidate will work largely with metabolomics and proteomics datasets, with the future aim of integrating genomics data in a systems biology context, transforming the extensive datasets into knowledge.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of bioinformatics methods, applications programming, web development and data structures.
Thorough knowledge of modern biology and applicable field of research.
Ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
Thorough knowledge of bioinformatics programming design, modification and implementation.
Understanding of relational databases, web interfaces, and operating systems.
Thorough knowledge of web, application and data security concepts and methods.
Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel in multiple fields of expertise and at various levels in the organization.
Strong project management skills.
Self motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview