Multimedia Services Coordinator
Salary: $53,700 - $66,750
Title: Multimedia Services Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Multimedia and Classroom Tech
Date Posted: 02/07/2018
Position Information: The Multimedia Service Coordinator works on a team who supervises and coordinates the activities of student employees to perform the AV service delivery and support functions of the Multimedia & Classroom Technology department, which include support planning, scheduling, and inventory management. Scheduling will include working with students schedules to accommodate special events and classroom support continuously throughout the year. Inventory management will include keeping track of all portable audio visual equipment used to support classroom instruction and special events.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to assess campus or institutional needs for AV IT technology products and design services to meet those needs.
Thorough understanding of media production methods and equipment and ability to use this information to troubleshoot the most complex systems.
Skills to determine priorities based on knowledge of work area. Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) restrictions and skill to ensure that media meets IP requirements.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Thorough understanding of post-production processes including internet-based media distribution solutions.
Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds. Thorough customer service and consultative skills to identify and implement required technology solutions.
Knowledge of computer, media, and networking technology.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Understanding of post-production processes including internet-based media distribution solutions.
Skills to present to medium size audiences during technology workshops and demonstrations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview