Multimedia Technical Analyst
Salary: $53,700 - $66,750
Title: Multimedia Technical Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Multimedia and Classroom Tech
Date Posted: 02/07/2018
Position Information: The Multimedia Technical Analyst will serve on a team that provides comprehensive support for the delivery of Multimedia Services and applications to the entire campus with an emphasis on instruction. Key areas will include administering and maintaining network based Multimedia Control and Distribution Systems. In addition to the management of student employees' pre- and post-video production activities, the incumbent will also manage server based digital media capture and delivery applications. The Analyst will utilize operational level desktop computing skills to coordinate the maintenance of both Mac and Windows based machines in General Assignment classrooms, applies skills and knowledge of applications to create and deliver training workshops in all aspects of the use of multimedia in an instructional environment.
Minimum Requirements: Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Thorough understanding of post-production processes including internet-based media distribution solutions.
Thorough understanding of media production methods and equipment and ability to use this information to troubleshoot the most complex systems.
Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) restrictions and skill to ensure that media meets IP requirements.
Knowledge of computer, media, and networking technology.
Ability to assess campus or institutional needs for AV IT technology products and design services to meet those needs.
Skills to determine priorities based on knowledge of work area. Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds. Thorough customer service and consultative skills to identify and implement required technology solutions.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge and experience in use of still-cameras and video-cameras, including production planning, setting up the field for live productions, and video editors for post production.
Background in network based multimedia control and presentation systems.
Skill in maintaining and co-administering video streaming and storage servers and services, including user and permissions management.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview