IT/Help Desk Analyst
Salary: $44,200 - $87,200
Title: IT/Help Desk Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM Strategic Rsc Ctr
Date Posted: 10/23/2017
Position Information: This position will provide IT/Help Desk support for various school of medicine (SOM) locations, including off-site medical/physician office clinics. The candidate will join a team that is responsible for the administration, monitoring, and support of the SOM technical infrastructure. Will be responsible for the investigation, and resolution of technical issues as reported by the various entities within the school by working with campus central IT or vendors to resolve the issues. Key duties will include maintaining current infrastructure documentation up-to-date as well as creating new documents for both internal purposes and for non-technical staff. In addition, the candidate must be able to manage tickets assigned which will require interaction with internal and external customers, and clearly communicating status information to the client.
Minimum Requirements: Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Working knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
Experience in use and knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
Experience conducting escalated, broad technical support including hardware and software tests, analyzing test results and producing reports of conclusions and recommendations.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated judgment to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
Broad knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot.
Working knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
Effective skills at technical and administrative work direction.
General knowledge of other areas of IT. Intermediate knowledge of IT-related products and services.
Preferred Qualifications: Basic knowledge of and experience with Microsoft's Active Directory -- group policy and adding desktops to the domain.
Knowledge of configuring mobile devices.
Working knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview