Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Executive Assistant
Department: AVC - Student Affairs & Enroll
Date Posted: 01/26/2018
Position Information: This position will provide executive level support to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Enrollment Services (AVC-ES). Using independent analysis and judgement, coordinates and directs the short and long term activities of the AVC. Responsible for analyzing incoming requests, determining priorities and then adjusting the AVC's schedule as needed. As the gatekeeper to the AVC's Office, authors and distributes correspondence on behalf of the AVC. Manages a complex calendar and anticipates and prepares for any contingencies and on the spot adjustments associated with calendar support. Under general supervision of the AVC, leads strategic planning projects, sets direction and ensures execution of committee tasks and outcomes. Manages all travel, event and speaking arrangements for the AVC and preps the AVC.
Minimum Requirements: Strong service orientation.
Advising and counseling skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Strong skills and abilities to understand issues with which the AVC-ES; providing independent analysis, critical thinking, and tact, to determine appropriate actions.
Solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Skill in analyzing policy issues, UC policy and procedures, and other directives and form recommendations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview