Placement Test Coordinator
Salary: $35,371 - $49,590
Title: Placement Test Coordinator
Department: Comp Lit & For Lang/Hisp Admin
Date Posted: 02/14/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction and supervision of the Financial Administrative Officer, the position conducts and manages all placement examinations for undergraduate majors in the departments of Comparative Literature &Languages and Hispanic Studies.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to effectively, professionally, and tactfully interact and communicate, both orally and in writing, with students, faculty, staff and visitors. Skill in independently composing letters, memos, reports, and other written communication materials using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, text editing, and proofreading skills.Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail. Skill in organizing tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy.Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) or other equivalent software, the internet, e-mail messaging, and web-based software applications.Demonstrated experience using an online student information system.Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Advanced computer knowledge with the ability to understand and learn new on-line programs. Knowledge of the applicable federal and state regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the position including the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a service environment that is subject to frequent interruptions. Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflects the relative importance of job responsibilities. Previous experience in online student billing systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of the applicable University of California policies governing areas related to the responsibilities of the position. Ability to extract, compile, analyze, and present pertinent data effectively. Demonstrated experience with online Student Information Systems (SIS+).
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview