Behavioral Health Counselor (Multiple Specialties)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Behavioral Health Counselor (Multiple Specialties)
Department: Counseling & Psychological Svc
Date Posted: 09/25/2017
Position Information: The Behavioral Health Counselor provides psychological service to the UCR campus. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide individual, couple, and group therapy to UCR students. This position also provides crisis intervention services; consults with students, staff, and faculty; and serves on University committees. The Behavioral Health Counselor will have an interest/expertise/focus providing services to various communities including LGBTQ+ communities and identities, Black/African Diaspora, Chicano/a and Latina/o/x, Asian and Pacific Islanders, and Diversity and Inclusion. Counseling & Psychological Services is a Student Health and Wellness Services department and shares the mission to raise awareness and facilitate action in developing lifelong health and wellness practices by UC Riverside students. This recruitment is for multiple career positions, differentiated by specialty area and focused on Diversity and Inclusion (1. LGBTQ+ communities and identities, 2. Black/African Diaspora, 3. Chicano/a and Latina/o/x, 4. Asian and Pacific Islanders 5. Clinicians focused on Diversity and Inclusion) . Please designate your selected specialty in your cover letter. A presentation will be required as part of the selection process. This recruitment is being run concurrently with an identical one for doctorate-level applicants. Please refer to iRecruit #201708030001.
Minimum Requirements: Highly effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
Knowledge of business software and specialized applications/systems used in behavioral health settings.
Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with a diverse client group.
Highly effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
Thorough knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic approach and modify as necessary.
Understanding of intersectionality and how it impacts the daily lives of students.
Knowledge of electronic medical records systems.
Thorough knowledge of diagnostic/psychological testing methodologies.
Interest or focus on Diversity and Inclusion or demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the cultures and experiences in counseling for one of the following communities: LGBTQ+ communities and identities, Black/African Diaspora, Chicano/a and Latina/o/x, and Asian and Pacific Islanders.
Demonstrated multicultural competence in mental health service provision. Knowledge of how race, ethnic identity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, privilege and multiculturalism relate to psychological service delivery.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview