Salary: $44,200 - $65,700
Title: Procurement Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: School of Business Administrat
Date Posted: 11/20/2017
Position Information: AccountingJobsToday, UCR Digest, Association of Government Accounts, IMA,
Minimum Requirements: Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of basic contracts.
Working level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the quality and cost effectiveness of purchasing options.
Demonstrated ability to successfully set priorities, handle heavy workload, and complete tasks with multiple deadlines effectively, efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, frequently stressful environment and with frequent interruptions. Highly organized.
Recent, successful, progressively responsible experience effectively coordinating complex procurement for multiple employee groups and with contracting for services and the related internal controls at the department level.
Demonstrated experience working with professional service agreements and ongoing contracts.
Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to be flexible and appreciative of diverse ways of thinking.
Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, policies and procedures to identify relevant concerns, patterns, or tendencies and formulate recommendations or logical conclusions.
Proven ability to analyze and solve problems and respond to situations that arise using mature judgment and discretion.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills using a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion to interact in a positive an polished manner with diverse constituents, including campus colleagues, administrators, community members, and accreditation agencies in order to provide exemplary customer service.
Demonstrated ability to quickly build and maintain relationship and establish trust with leaders, campus partners, colleagues and external affiliates.
Related experience at University of California, Riverside and/or UC State Institutions
Some knowledge of the organization's departments and operations required in order to meet their procurement needs.
Preferred Qualifications: Extensive knowledge of UC system wide and campus policies and procedures pertaining to travel and entertainment, ProCard and all purchasing.
Demonstrated experience with UCR's Financial System (UCRFS), UCRFS Totals, eBuy (Purchasing System), iTravel (Travel Reimbursement System), ePay (Misc. Reimbursement System).
Demonstrated knowledge of UCR policies and procedures including, but not limit to, accounting, purchasing, financial and budgetary, and online campus financial systems.
Knowledge and experience working with institutional guidelines relative to various funding sources.
Understands ERP/financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner, etc.).
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview