Associate Director, Database Administration
Salary: $84,500 - $125,500
Title: Associate Director, Database Administration
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Data Base Administration
Date Posted: 08/02/2017
Position Information: Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Associate Director, Database Administration is responsible for the day-to-day governance and performance management of the DBAs and systems owned by the ITS Enterprise Infrastructure team.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of conceptual database design.
Solid ability to gather, organize, and analyze data in the completion of assignments.
In-depth knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of the IT environment. Has solid knowledge of information systems function.
Knowledge of test application code in client server environment.
Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems.
Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
Has solid knowledge of related principles and concepts to provide solutions to more complex and diverse information systems issues. Solid knowledge of the applications programming development function.
Requires solid ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software.
Has solid interpersonal and management skills. Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated skill in developing architectural standards for Oracle and MSSQL databases.
Strong understanding of managing and monitoring database systems in a high volume, highly available OLTP environment.
Good understanding of Oracle 11g, 12c and cluster environment, as well as replication, reporting and analysis technology.
Strong technical skills in Microsoft SQL server 2012 always on, as well as the latest Microsoft clustering, replication, reporting and analysis technology.
Strong understanding of Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems.
Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong understanding of reporting solutions such as Cognos and Tableau.
Familiarity with the Ellucian Banner student information system.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview