Gas Utility Construction & Service Lab Technician
Job ID 601771
Location Green Bay
Department: Trades & Engineering Technology
Salary Grade: PE
Position #: 07100229
Reports To: Associate Dean, Trades & Engineering Technology
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
HOURS: 20 hours per week, 10 hours per day, 2 days per week, Varies Monday - Saturday.
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $23.23/hour
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
POSITION SUMMARY Assist Gas Utility Service and Construction faculty with indoor and outdoor lab activities. Ensure the safety of the students through observation and guidance during lab activities. Set up and maintain appropriate equipment utilizing industry standard procedures for operation and safety.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Technical Training and experience on equipment related to the program field of study allowing individual to operate and troubleshoot equipment and activities performed by students -examples: backhoes, trenchers
- Provide assistance to instructors - on safety, demonstrations, individual help for students, construct training aides
- Assist instructors in writing requisitions for instructional supplies, equipment repair, tools and other services as needed
- Participate in the development and analysis of program budget needs and historical spending analysis.
- General maintenance and repair of tools and equipment
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory procedures
- Participate in program team meetings
Competency Statements (s)
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Technical Diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of four years' work experience as a gas utility worker or in related field. Experience and training as a journeyman gas is preferred
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of the gas and electrical power industry
Journeyman, apprenticeship or other related experience
Must hold a valid/current Commercial driver's license and be insurable under the Districts standard insurance policy terms.
Ability to climb (utility poles or from ditches)
N - Not Applicable
O - Occasionally - up to 33 percent of the time or 0 to 2.5 hours per day
F - Frequently - 33 to 66 percent of the time or 2.5 - 5.5 hours per day
C - Constantly - more than 66 percent of the time or more than 5.5 hours per day
10 lbs or less
Handling / Fingering
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
12 lbs or less
Squat or Kneel
Other Physical Requirements
? Vision ? Sense of Sound
? Sense of Touch ? Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
? Equipment Noise
? Other -outdoor, extreme cold and heat
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.