Marketing and Events Coordinator - Ritchie School of Eng
This position reports directly to the Marketing Manager of the Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science. The candidate is responsible for effectively managing all event-related logistics and operations for the School.
- Under supervision from Marketing Manager, coordinates all internal and external RSECS event activities, including but not limited to: scheduling, planning, outreach, and logistics such as acquiring speakers, managing invitations, and all associated event details.
- Oversee all events that originate from the offices of the Dean, internal Academic units, and RSECS Student Engagement.
- Coordinate with Advancement for all University-wide events that impact RSECS.
- Coordinate event marketing including generation of invitations, collecting registration, social media plan and community outreach under the oversight of the Marketing Manager.
- Liaise with other units (catering, media services, facilities, etc.) across DU and use appropriate software to ensure successful event execution.
- Identify and track measurable outcomes for all events.
- Manage event budget under oversight of the Marketing Manager ensuring RSECS resources are leveraged in the best interests of the University.
- Create and manage a school-wide event calendar working with Marketing Manager or implementation.
- Manage the RSECS-specific CRM (Salesforce).
- Assist Marketing Manager with additional tasks and projects related to the overall brand and goals of the RSECS marketing and events department.
- Supervise Work Study student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of post-collegiate work experience.
- Proven track record of event or project management.
- Master's Degree
- Experience in an academic center or non-for-profit center or organization strongly preferred.
- Ability to work seamlessly across multiple academic and university units.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit; ability to self-start and stay motivated.
- Experience working in Salesforce or a similar CRM preferred.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Monday, March 5, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.