Assistant Director for Housing - Campus Life and Inclusive Exce
Housing and Residential Education (HRE) at the University of Denver cultivates individuals and communities through fostering growth-centered and educational living environments and outreach programs. We embody innovation within our core values of Diversity and Social Justice, Sustainability, and Student and Staff support and development. We represent and strengthen our core values in the following ways:
Diversity & Social Justice Vision
- Enriching social justice and diversity programming for students.
- Enhancing social justice and diversity training for staff members.
- Creating and sustaining liaisons with other diversity groups on campus.
- Developing and promoting greener residence halls.
- Providing educational opportunities focusing on sustainability for residents and staff.
- Inspiring residents and staff to consciously make environmentally and socially-responsible decisions.
Student Support & Development Vision
- Developing and enhancing innovative student programming opportunities.
- Increasing knowledge and impact of residence hall leadership teams.
- Performing proactive and educational student conduct meetings.
Staff Support & Development Vision
- Providing professional staff with the skills and confidence to excel in their current and future positions.
Advancing staff training in the areas of social justice, sustainability, campus relationships and dynamics, and positive organizational change.
The Assistant Director for Housing plays an integral role with all processes identified by Housing and Residential Education operations. This position reports to the Director of Housing and works closely with staff in the Division and the DU community. This position has interaction with parents, students, and other university administrative staff and faculty. The anticipated start date for this position is June 18, 2018.
- Master's Degree
- 0-1 years' full time experience in general administrative office and/or facilities management.
- StarRez experience
- 3 years full-time experience in facilities management in Housing and Residential Education
- Proficient in Spanish
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on March 16, 2018. An ongoing review of submitted applications will begin on February 26, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs/. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.