Temporary Patron Services Director
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Temporary Patron Services Director
Job Description Summary
Summer Dinner Theatre is a signature Montgomery College program that provides our theatre students with an unparalleled opportunity to hone their stagecraft and acting abilities while performing popular musicals for our community audiences. The program is entering the 41st season with two exciting shows planned for the summer of 2018. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional to take a lead role in managing patron services in preparation for the summer season as the Patron Services Director.
The Patron Services is responsible for the theatre's box office and front-of house operations, supervising both full-time and part-time staff. The Director of Patron Services reports to the Director of Arts Initiatives.
This is a temporary position.
- Manages the ticket sales and exchanges with the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Researches, consults, and provides recommendation on food service offerings, catering vendors, and wait staff needs
- Handles financial management of ticketing and dinners
- Works with the PAC on management of the box office operations
- Tracks and monitors ticket sales/subscription trends to plan effective strategies for future subscription and sales campaigns with the Artistic Director and marketing
- Coordinates dinner and concession operations with the food & beverage provider
- Manages the food & beverage provider
- Hires, trains, and supervises full-time, part-time, and student box office and front-of- house staff
- Works with the Production Coordinator on room set-up for the seating and buffet
- Manages last-minute sales and exchanges; seating of guests; traffic flow to the buffet; wait staff; start of show; intermission; collecting of refreshment payments; and crowd management in emergencies
- Serves as the liaison to donors, subscribers, ticket buyers, and members of the general public
- Collects and deposits the scholarship checks
- Collaborates closely with the Artistic Director to manage the budget and operations to meet the program's goals
This position will have flexible hours during the spring semester but will require a significant amount of time and dedication during the summer in preparation for the performances.
- Associate's degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in theatre, food service, or a combination
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with catering vendors on large-scale projects
- Experience in theatre front-of-house management and customer service
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Open Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College