Alternate Shift Manager
Job Title: Alternate Shift Manager
Job ID: 24463
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3312, Range 1
Department: Maintenance & Operations
About the Position
The Alternate Shift Manager has oversight for the following: weekend events, custodial services, moving services, grounds services and trades supervision to include, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, auto shop, and lock shop.
This position requires the management of several groups and maintenance oversight for weekend events and campus functions. Position works in conjunction with the weekday Associate Director for Maintenance and Operations. This position will be a Wednesday through Sunday 8 am to 5 pm shift and will participate in the rotational Manager On-Call after hour service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee maintenance and operation staff; participate in the selection of personnel; evaluate maintenance and operations staff. Evaluate the use of resources to improve efficiencies. Define priorities of work and communicates this information to all staff involved. Schedule, assign, monitor, and make periodic inspections of work completed.
- Manage and is the liaison for the maintenance and support of weekend events. To include campus and south campus events.Ensure buildings are unlocked and programs the S2 system as needed.
- Oversee work progress and completion using a computerized maintenance management system. Ensure successful completion of repair work orders, preventive maintenance work orders, and trouble call resolution. Approve work order requests; determine appropriate strategies such as in-house vs contracting out
- Develop and control operations and project budgets. Facilitate and oversee purchasing of tools, materials, supplies, and equipment. Identify and determine problem root cause; develop and present recommendations for improvement of processes and practices; initiate and implement plans to solve problems.
- Work with University Housing staff and Resident Advisors on emergency work needing to be performed. Arrange contracted services for after hour and weekend work as needed.
- Provide supervision and leadership to all staff working an alternate shift to include swing shift staff.
- Prepare progress reports, inform Director of project status and deviation from goals; prepare activity reports for management guidance.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operation functions.
- Develop and implement the annual and strategic plans for the Department’s asset management program, including implementation of an effective preventive maintenance program and utilization strategy for the Department’s CMMS.
- Prepare and submits deferred maintenance plan, and hazardous materials removal plans and requests.
- Develop performance metrics as part of the asset management/preventive maintenance program, which lead toward an improvement in asset life cycle.
- Determine asset criticality and conducts risk analysis and condition assessment on buildings and critical assets to determine remaining life and replace/repair decisions.
- Establish financial data for building assets that lead toward life cycle costing and effective financial forecasting.
- Oversee the development of plans, specifications, estimates and budget for tenant improvement construction, repair and replacement of building systems and supporting infrastructure projects.Review construction progress for compliance with campus standards and requirements.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24463.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.