Human Resources Partner
50% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
This is a part-time (50%) position that will report to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and support the human resources function for Information Technology Solutions (the central IT organization at UCR). The HR partner will be an experienced professional with an in-depth understanding of the professional field and will independently perform a full range of responsibilities (assist with recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, compensation actions, employment actions, leaves, etc.). The incumbent will be required to analyze complex problems/issues of diverse scope and recommend solutions as well as work with all levels of the organization (from the CIO to student workers). In addition, this individual will work with UCR's central HR department, R'Shared Services Center, and both Labor Relations and Talent Acquisition and Diversity Outreach.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and/or other related business software programs and systems.
Thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
Demonstrated analytical, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
Working knowledge of campus/University organization.
Thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, knowledge of functional area and understands how work may affect other areas.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview