Finance & Administrative Officer-Clinical Sciences Departments
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The mission of the UCR School of Medicine is to improve the health of the people of California and, especially, to serve Inland Southern California by training a diverse workforce of physicians and by developing innovative research and health care delivery programs that will improve the health of the medically underserved in the region and become models to be emulated throughout the state and nation. The School of Medicine is seeking an experienced Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO) for the Clinical Sciences Departments: Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Neurology, and Family Medicine. The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for financial, administrative, operational, managerial, human resources, academic affairs and short and long range planning issues related to his/her assigned departments. In partnership with the Department Chairs and Associate Dean/Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, the FAO is responsible for developing short and long-range planning of administrative and financial goals and objectives; coordinates and carries out strategic support initiatives; serves in an advisory capacity to the Department Chairs on all matters related to the department's operations, taking initiative to develop administrative policy as required; serves as the main point of contact with the departments for non-medical issues and serves as a liaison with other departments as well as other campus offices and organizations; ensures that all University policies and procedures are strictly followed and enforced for all sources of revenue to the departments, and maintains accurate and comprehensive records related to all accounting and financial transactions performed by the departments. This position has significant responsibility in organizing work to achieve broadly stated goals for the departments, programs, and lines of business he/she serves. The FAO identifies objectives, provides leadership, develops strategies and policies, and functions with a high degree of autonomy.
Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Demonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration.
Solid knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.
Solid skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolution.
Solid interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising, and counseling to effectively motivate others.
Solid knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and/or personnel management within labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
Solid knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview