Enrollment Management Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$45,623 - $65,438
The Enrollment Management Specialist works as part of a college-wide team to provide analysis and oversight as well as complete primary tasks for several areas of functional responsibility in the Enrollment Management Center for the College of Natural and Agricultural Science (CNAS). In consultation with department faculty and management, uses professional concepts in drafting department schedule for courses, seminars, and special events, taking into consideration faculty leaves, preferences, and faculty course load, classroom availability, and enrollment figures. May review Schedule to ensure it meets the needs of students for degree progression. Independently obtains classrooms for courses taking into account the requirements and restrictions of the Campus Scheduling Office. Provides enrollment assistance to students for all courses in CNAS. Professional who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments / projects / tasks of moderate scope and complexity; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Ability in problem identification, reasoning, analysis to identify trends.
Interpersonal skills to work with department senior management, faculty, and students.
Ability to find solutions to conflicting situations.
Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues. Skill in sharing workload and communicating effectively in a team environment.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical or narrative reports.
Knowledge of the applicable federal and state regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job including FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
Knowledge of department and school/college general and major course requirements.
Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary organization that is subject to constantly changing priorities, while demonstrating a commitment to excellent customer service.
Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Knowledge of department, organization, and University policies, procedures, and directives.
Experience developing a course schedule and providing enrollment assistance to students
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview