Contracts and Grants Analyst II
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Under the general direction of the Contracts and Grants Manager, administer and coordinate complex fiscal budgeting and administration enabling the Department of Psychology and other CHASS departments to maintain fiscal integrity and internal controls. For the CHASS contracts and Grants team perform high-level budget/resource analyses and prepare monthly financial reports for principal investigators (PI) and administration, utilizing robust analytical tools. Track and reconcile expenses for extramural and other fund sources. Maintain strong internal controls. Respond to changing needs for financial reports and ad hoc information for Principal Investigators, Chairperson, and administration. Prepare agency-specific multi-year budgets and coordinate submission of contract and grant proposals for multiple agencies. At this time it is anticipated this position will provide approximately 80% support to the Department of Psychology and 20% support to other College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS) departments.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Ability to approach work assignments and problem solve using creativity and initiative
Ability to solve problems using investigative/research and analytical skills
Skill in completing assignments with accuracy, timeliness, productivity, responsiveness, and reliability
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Skill in accurate record-keeping and database management, with strict attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects with firm deadlines and the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation
Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and administrative information
Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain financial information to different audiences
Experience with processing moderately complex financial accounting transactions with an online financial system
Administrative support experience, including strong organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment
Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Knowledge of the University of California financial policy and procedures. Experience using UCR online financial, payroll, purchasing and travel systems.
Experience in a university or higher education setting. Experience in preparation and submission of contract and grant proposals.
Experience in NIH & NSF grant submission and management.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview