IT Portfolio Manager
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
Student Affairs Technology Services (SATS) manages and supports all data and systems under the stewardship of Financial Aid, Registrar, and Undergraduate Admissions offices and Health and Psychological Student Services (HAPSS). The department also supports internal and 3rd party application development and implementation for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services. SATS is responsible for sending data and reports to campus departments while also producing data and reports used in operational analysis, system processes, programming and data/systems management. University of California Office of the President, Federal, State, and other outside institutions and agencies as required. Under the general supervision of the Student Affairs Technology Services Sr. Director, the IT Portfolio Manager is responsible for the strategic leadership, direction, and accountability for software and systems projects and ongoing implementations for Enrollment Services, Student Affairs, and some campus-wide systems such as our student information system. The IT Portfolio Manager ensures that staff adhere to established departmental objectives as well as Federal, State, University of California, and University of California Riverside privacy laws, policies, and regulations that pertain to the distribution, integrity, and security of student data. The IT Portfolio Manager is responsible for functional and technical leadership of many routine and high profile IT systems projects. The IT Portfolio Manager provides direction and management for a team that consists of systems analysts, project managers, and often third-party vendors. He/She is part of a management team that is focused on continued development of a best practice mid-sized IT organization. He/She must be able to lead and perform IT administrative tasks hands-on and execute project plans effectively.
Has technical project management knowledge.
Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Requires highly effective organization, supervisory and project management skills.
Mastery of best practices in project management discipline required.
Requires conceptual and planning skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
Is able to establish priorities, goals/objectives and timelines.
Demonstrates ability to delegate and oversee assignments to ensure successful and timely completion as well as to obtain the cooperation of others within and outside the unit.
Works in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
Broad knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
Has an understanding of how programs relate to other business strategies and initiatives.
Subject matter or technical area expertise preferred.
Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview