POSSC Payroll Analyst 2
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
The Bourns College of Engineering Shared Services Center (BCOE SSC) is committed to creating a high standard of service for our college and partner colleges. Our services are performed by a team of highly skilled and engaged service professionals, who participate in change management and continuous improvement strategies in order to move the BCOE SSC operation to the highest level of service and process efficiency and effectiveness. The BCOE SSC will provide payroll transaction services including recruitment, time reporting, payroll, onboarding, and leave administration for BCOE departments. We will be transitioning other colleges into our service center including; The Graduate School of Education (GSOE), The School of Public Policy (SPP), and The School of Business Administration (SOBA) in the near future. The BCOE SSC Payroll Analyst 2 coordinates and facilitates with the HR/AP Business Partner Analysts to gather information that needs to be processed from their respective departments. The Payroll Analyst ensures timely and accurate review, preparation, processing, and auditing of payroll, personnel, and financial transactions. The Payroll Analyst ensures accurate entry and oversight of information related to the requests for services in order to minimize errors in the process.
Intermediate mathematical skills.
Problem solving, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Working knowledge of organizational processes, procedures, and understands organizational rules and regulations.
Working knowledge of many payroll processes, policies, and procedures; knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs.
Demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills; verbal, written and active listening communication skills. Uses interpersonal skills and service orientation skills in interactions with customers and colleagues. Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
UC PATH payroll knowledge, experience, and training
Experience working in a payroll service center
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview