8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $79,300
Under close supervision from the admissions manager, this position is responsible for providing assistance in the evaluation of applicants to the school of medicine. The primary areas of responsibility include: preparation of materials from applicants for review by the admissions committee, assisting on interview days and/or admissions committee meetings, and providing information to the public and prospective applicants on admissions requirements.
Basic knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements at UC.
Basic knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Basic knowledge of UC, and the ability to explain basic information to prospective applicants and the public.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
Ability to maintain positive interactions with others and work cooperatively.
Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate statistical data and policy.
Knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA federal regulations. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Knowledge of and experience using software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Basic knowledge of medical school/program admissions policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge of AMCAS, AMP, Banner and/or other student information software systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview