Director, University Advancement Budget and Operations
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
The Director, Budget & Operations, has primary responsibility for developing and managing annual budget processes that support the organization's long- and short-range goals. This position serves as business/operations manager for advancement services and coordinates with the business/operations managers in all other University Advancement (UA) units; development, university communications, and alumni/constituent relations. Consolidates trend analyses and provides insightful reporting for senior management; ensures timely and accurate analysis/reporting of year-to-date and year-to-year trends; manages organizational payroll budget and staffing reporting in collaboration with UA human resources; serves as point person for campus budget/planning office. Serves as trouble-shooter for maintaining smooth facilities operations. Position requires excellent customer service across all functions. Acts as advisor to Associate Vice Chancellor.
In depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to identify, collect and analyze information from a variety of sources.
Advanced interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization; service orientation; advanced critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective organizational skills.
Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Ability to present complex finance related information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Client services oriented; good listening, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels; ability to interact with a diverse populations.
Comprehensive knowledge of finance and budget policies, practices and systems; budgeting and reporting techniques; fund accounting; human resource planning; accounting and bookkeeping.
Insatiable curiosity to understand "why?" (and not just "how?") in order to improve and augment UA's administrative performance.
Personal integrity of the highest standard. Dedicated work ethic.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview