Admissions Support Assistant
8AM - 5PM
$39,484 - $55,979
The incumbent is responsible for a wide variety of duties that support evaluation, operational and fiscal functions of Undergraduate Admissions (UGA). Responsibilities include; 1) data entry into the Student Information System and application processing; 2) transcript receipt, scanning and profiling process; 3) assist with managing the publications inventory system; and assist in providing front counter coverage at the UGA front counter, Campus Tours and Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) as needed. Must be able to maintain high level of organization in administration of duties with frequent interruptions. Additionally, must be able to adjust priorities as circumstances dictate.
The Budgeted salary range: $18.91 through $20.17 hourly.
Demonstrated administrative support experience, including strong organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment.
Experience in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner under the pressure of deadlines, interruptions, and competing priorities and requirements.
Demonstrated ability to access and retrieve data using PC-based tools; and to summarize the data into a clear, comprehensive format for presentation.
Strong interpersonal skills to represent Undergraduate Admissions over the phone and in-person to students, parents, counselors, and other UC faculty and staff.
Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality; use sound judgment; and display sensitivity of policy and procedures.
Ability to proofread, gather data, analyze and write concise reports; speak clearly and distinctly in order to convey information.
Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice.
Experience working with a large data base for data entry operations.
Experience in University/higher education setting.
Knowledge of UC and UCR admissions requirements.
Experience using the UCR Student Information System (Banner), eTrans, Parchment, and Recruiter.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview