8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
Under the supervision of the Bioinformatics Academic Coordinator, the programmer will assist IIGB facility users in the analysis of Illumina, PacBio and other complex datasets, run and maintain Illumina and PacBio pipelines, and communicate results to clients in a timely and professional manner. Under general supervision, the position is expected to prioritize projects and other responsibilities to maximize the effectiveness of the Bioinformatics Core in supporting research objectives and teaching. As needed, the programmer will provide assistance to the Bioinformatics Academic Coordinator in the preparation of workshops in data analysis, provide website maintenance and development, and staff training.
Working knowledge of modern biology and applicable field of research.
Working knowledge of bioinformatics methods and data structures.
Working project management skills.
Interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Working knowledge of application and data security concepts.
Self motivated, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
Working knowledge of applications programming and web development.
Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Working knowledge of databases.
Working knowledge of biological principles and DNA sequencing workflows in order to understand and contribute to client project goals
Working knowledge of current analysis languages and software, particularly R/Bioconductor.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview