Director of Corporate and Strategic Partnerships
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The University of California Riverside, Office of Technology Partnerships seeks a dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated leader who has a deep understanding of scientific research in academic and industry settings. Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Technology Partnerships, the Director of Corporate Strategic Partnerships will lead a team of professionals and will be responsible for designing and executing the strategies focused on agriculture, life sciences, engineering, physical sciences and other units on campus. The successful candidate will build, sustain and expand beneficial relationships with the private sector and UC Riverside, its colleges, departments and faculty. Working collaboratively with the Office of Development, the Director will also play a lead role in the development and execution of strategies for private sector engagement across the UCR campus. This is a one-year contract position with the possibility of renewal.
Solid organizational skills applied to personal work and improving industry alliance program processes.
Solid skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify solutions. Demonstrated ability to solve problems and suggest solutions through critical thinking process.
Actively cooperates and supports the work of others. Effective communicator with peers, patients/families, and multidisciplinary team members. Empathetic and aware of impact on others.
Highly developed interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work with faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, governmental representatives, consultants, legal counsel, and the general public.
Knowledge of business development concepts with proven success in identifying, negotiating, persuading, cultivating and sourcing partnerships.
Solid communication skills; includes active listening, critical thinking, advising and counseling skills. Solid knowledge of common computer programs. Demonstrated ability to teach others.
Demonstrated leadership skills. Motivational and inspires staff to improve the industry alliance program. Models solid customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Deep understanding of industry alliance program research, interests, and initiatives. Understanding of partnership agreements, patent law, licensing and commercialization. Understanding of current industry research and innovations.
Demonstrated ability to connect people across institutions to create strategic relationships that lead to public/private partnerships on multidisciplinary projects.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview