Research Integrity Analyst
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
UCR's Office of Research Integrity (ORI) promotes the highest standards of research excellence and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations. This position is responsible for providing support and leadership to various research compliance areas covered by the ORI. The Research Integrity Analyst will be the primary contact for several compliance committees (Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), Stem Cell Research Oversight (SCRO), Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)) and provide back up for others (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) & Institutional Review Board (IRB)). The Research Integrity Analyst will serve as a resource to faculty, make sure that federal and state laws, as well as UC policy, are applied correctly. The Research Integrity Analyst will steward several committees and work closely with faculty to ensure that research is done ethically. This position also interacts with a variety of campus and system-wide offices to facilitate the management, administration and conduct of research. Budgeted hiring range for this position is $60,100 to $75,000. Writing samples will be requested as part of the interview and selection process.
Thorough knowledge and ability to apply all relevant Federal, state, and university regulations, policies, and federal guidance documents.
Thorough knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative research design; scientific research concepts and terminology.
Demonstrated self-discipline and sound, independent judgment completing complex assignments.
Conflict of Interest: Understanding of stock options, consulting agreements and other corporate documents related to research and analysis of potential conflicts of interest.
Ability to work with a diverse range of customers/stakeholders.
Demonstrated proficiency with clear and efficient written and oral communication.
Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking, and writing.
Superb time management, organizational and customer service skills.
Knowledge of biosafety principles and policies.
Thorough knowledge of compliance research regulations and guidance.
Ability to exercise good judgement in assessing risk level and contacting appropriate delegate during the review of research
Sufficient understanding of biological research procedures to assess protocols involving biohazards and animals.
Ability to effectively prioritize workload and competing deadlines.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview