Human Resources Assistant
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Under the general supervision of the Director of Employee and Organizational Development, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing a full range of administrative functions in support of HR's strategic objective to deliver progressive training programs. The incumbent will support the LMS administrator by responding to inquiries. The Human Resources Assistant will keep the organization on task by ensuring preparation and communication are accurate and on time, and will coordinate schedules, speakers, room reservations, and workshop materials.
Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills.
Skill in managing sensitive and confidential information regarding bargaining unit issues.
Requires interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
Exceptional organization skills; coordinate schedules, speakers, room reservations, workshop materials. Keeps organization on task by ensuring preparation and communication is accurate and on time. Demonstrates operational leadership and takes ownership of unit flow and process.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview