International Admissions Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $60,650
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, the International Admission Specialist is available to students, families, the campus community, and the general public to interpret, enforce and explain University policies and regulations. The incumbent is responsible for all phases of admission eligibility evaluation of both freshman and transfer international and in-state applicants based on self-reported information, official transcripts, and other pertinent documents. The International Admission Specialist will independently represent Undergraduate Admissions to international students at CA high schools and community colleges by providing oversight at various programs and events and participating in school visits, and college fairs. As needed, the incumbent will travel internationally to recruit international prospective and admitted students.
Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Ability to effectively manage a large volume of undergraduate admissions applications and multiple programs in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at colleges / universities and specifically at UC, and / or specific colleges and schools.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations, and other institutions.
Skill in organizing and setting priorities that accurately reflect the importance of the job responsibilities.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
Ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate statistical data and policy related to undergraduate admissions metrics.
Ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview