8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $105,900
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the System Administrator is responsible for supporting the configuration, installation, maintenance and ongoing support of various servers, systems and technologies that are housed at the offsite data center. Works collaboratively with others in the department and leadership to provide back-end systems and application support for business applications. Typical responsibilities include installation and configuration of operating systems and application software, availability and performance monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and developing detailed documentation. Will assist in the support of related incidents or outages.
Understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer security best practices and policies.
Demonstrated experience writing and editing scripts of moderate complexity used to perform system maintenance and administration.
General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Demonstrated understanding of how system management actions affect users and dependent/related functions.
Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Basic knowledge of how to apply technologies and systems to meet business needs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview