Driver - International Education Programs
40% Part Time
$34,389 - $34,389
The International Education Programs (IEP) Driver is a part time position (up to 16 hours per week on an as-needed basis) for an organization that hosts 5,000 visiting international students and guests per year. IEP maintains a pool of drivers to meet the varying needs of the program at specific points of each academic term. Due to this, there is not a set schedule for work. Work assignments are offered to drivers pending their availability and interest in a variety of duties. Variable schedule to be discussed at interview; the variable schedule includes days, nights and weekends.
Duties mainly lie in providing shuttle transport (airport, shopping, activities, health center), academic site visit facilitation, and city tour and tourism trip escorting for students and visiting guests and professionals.
Drivers are expected to provide a welcoming presence, remarkable customer care, strong oral communication, and an ability to handle challenges with calm and resolve. Additionally, drivers are required to maintain excellent driving performance, safe environments, and risk reduction at all times; gas vehicles at fleet services; and remove trash, dust dashboard, and brush seats as needed.
Assist with luggage/boxes up to 25 pounds.
Drivers are required to successfully complete a background check through the Department of Justice and provide a Department of Motor Vehicles Driver Record document prior to employment. Ongoing review of driving records will occur throughout employment via the California Department of Motor Vehicles Employer Pull Notice Program.
***This recruitment is for multiple openings with a variable part time work schedule not to exceed 40%. It will be open until all positions are filled.***
Must possess or obtain a valid California Drivers License in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Have an excellent driving record, and demonstrated driving ability of multi-passenger vehicles. Ability to strictly adhere to all posted speed limits, traffic laws, and safety requirements.
Excellent oral communication skills and ability to convey information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to problem solve and provide calm resolution in difficult situations.
Experience providing service to others and providing remarkable customer care.
Ability to be attentive and punctual to all shift assignments. Ability to adhere to posted routes and schedules for each assignment. Ability to adhere to established policies and procedures.
Familiarity with Southern California destinations including airports, theme parks, and major cities . Ability to navigate in traffic with ease and a strong sense of direction. Ability to learn and understand destinations, routes and location details.
Demonstrated success working across diverse cultural backgrounds and with a wide range of people, including those holding senior positions.
Ability to develop positive working relationships and work in close collaboration with a variety of diverse supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds and perform light cleaning of vehicles.
Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Fluency in a language other than English.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview