Front Desk Program Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$45,623 - $65,438
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director for Counseling & Career Development, the incumbent is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties that support the daily operating functions of the Career Center. Responsibilities include, directing the day-to-day operations of the front desk area, resource room, computer lab, library, conference rooms and shared counseling rooms; hiring, supervising and mentoring student assistants; processes travel and reimbursements; maintaining equipment inventory; manages a complex calendar of appointments for all Career Center counselors and events to include analysis and shifting of priorities as needed; coordinate workshop logistics and the posting of workshops on electronic and print calendars; serves as the Career Center systems coordinator, provides financial analysis and support to the Director and Fiscal Manager. As the front line, first point of contact, independently responsible for using high levels of articulate, thoughtful and audience appropriate verbal and written communication skills. Budgeted salary range of $21.85 - $23.39 hourly.
Demonstrate excellent customer service while working with students, staff, faculty, employers, administrators, families, and community partners. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy.
Minimum four (4) years of experience in administrative duties including prioritizing and organizational tasks, preparing and processing documents and materials in a high volume, fast paced environment. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions requiring the need to re-focus quickly to deal with reactionary priorities.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments to independently meet deadlines and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy, under pressure of constant interruption while working with confidential information. Strong written communication skills to include correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, editing and proofreading skills.
Experience with purchasing, purchase order processing, and receiving and reconciling invoices. Experience with processing routine financial accounting / purchasing transactions with an online fiscal system and identifying account variances and differences. Proficiency in payment management processes, deposits and collections. Skilled in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
Proficiency with MS Office programs, Word, Excel and Outlook in particular.
Ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups
Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving.
Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice.
Experience working in a university environment.
Experience with Career Services Management software.
Experience with UCR authorized applications including ePay, eBuy, etc.
Experience with online Student Information Systems, including Banner.
Supervisory experience, including scheduling, training, and customer service.
Experience managing front desk operations in a high-volume environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview