Academic Support Center Assistant
8AM - 5PM
$39,484 - $55,979
The Academic Support Center Assistant provides independent, proactive, high quality, flexible and reliable administrative support to the Student Disability Resource Center. Assists with the provision and coordination of academic support services, including scheduling of exams. Provides administrative support to the Coordinator of the Academic Support Center (ASC) and the Lead ASC Assistant, and assists with ASC activities in their absence.
This is a one-year career position with the possibility of extension based on available funding.
High School diploma or GED and 2 years of administrative experience working in an office environment providing support to staff, faculty and/or the public.
Ability to handle restricted and sensitive information in accordance with federal and state laws and University polices. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, attention to detail, and accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy in an environment focused on customer service.
Skill to independently draft letters and memos using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
Ability to perform tasks diligently and efficiently in busy, noisy environment.
Experience in managing and meeting simultaneous needs of multiple clients.
Experience working with people with a variety of disabilities.
Experience working with college students.
Knowledge of the applicable UC Policies and Procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview