Technical Support Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $105,900
This position will function in a secondary and advanced role to resolve complex help desk tickets and be assigned project work to support the technical infrastructure of the school of medicine (SOM) locations which include educational, research, and a clinical enterprise off main campus. Resolves technical issues by working with both internal/external parties and vendors. Manage IT projects that were assigned to them and report the status to the chief technology officer. Key duties will include managing escalated level two and three tickets in a timely manner, maintain current infrastructure documentation, update documentation to support new processes, and project management, clearly communicating status and technical information to clients.
Experience in use and knowledge of complex scripting languages. Demonstrated ability to configure and customize moderately complex software.
Demonstrated skill at project management processes. Demonstrated ability to construct and execute test plans for hardware and software. Experience conducting hardware and software tests, analyzing test results and producing reports of conclusions and recommendations.
Experience at providing technical and administrative work direction.
Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Demonstrated skill providing technical training to users at various levels of skill. Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Extensive experience in use and knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
In-depth knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
Broad knowledge of IT-related products and services. General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Skills and abilities necessary to complete the most technical business/technical support functions.
Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems. Demonstrated judgment to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
Working knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot.
Thorough knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
In-depth understanding of divisional or institutional business processes to provide the highest level of support.
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft's Active Directory -- group policy and adding desktops to the domain.
Working knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview