Residence Life Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
Under the general supervision of the Manager of International Student Services (CISS), the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) serves as a member of the International Student Services unit at UCR Extension. The RLC is an exempt, full-time, 12-month, live-off position. The RLC provides a variety of direct support services to International Education Programs (IEP) and assists with the management of the on-campus residential program at UCR Extension. Residential facilities at UCR Extension include a third-party managed 300-bed apartment facility (International Village). The RLC is responsible for community development in the residential area via Community Assistant (CA) recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation (5 CAs); co-curricular programming; advising, conflict mediation, policy enforcement and adjudication; on-site crisis and emergency response coordination; resident communications; and special projects. The RLC also collaborates with departmental staff on academic year and summer programs including summer groups, quarterly registrations & orientations, socio-cultural activities, and special projects.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Demonstrated track record of creating remarkable customer service experiences.
Ability to maintain a high level of competence, professionalism, judgement, and confidentiality.
Proven communication and interpersonal skills with students, colleagues, and administrators; skill in listening to and summarizing international student concerns and assessment/mediation of individual and group conflicts.
Proficiency in a language other than English.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview