Title IX Investigator
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
Reporting to the Director/Title IX Coordinator, the Title IX Investigator is responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the University's Title IX investigations with a particular emphasis on investigating alleged cases of sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner domestic/dating violence, stalking and retaliation involving undergraduate, graduate students, faculty and staff at the University and its affiliates. The investigator will work closely with the University's Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Programs Office, Employee & Labor Relations Office and the Academic Personnel Office to conduct investigations of complaints of sexual violence and harassment. When a complaint is filed by a student, faculty or staff the Title IX Investigator will conduct a prompt and thorough investigation, which includes: identifying and interviewing witnesses, gathering and securing relevant documentation, and identifying other information that would be helpful to the Hearing Panel. The investigator acts as a neutral party in the investigation and provides a detailed, unbiased report to the Hearing Panel regarding the findings of the investigation. **All finalists will be required to submit a writing sample as part of the interview process.**
In-depth knowledge of applicable state and federal laws as they pertain to employment and EEO requirements.
Possesses advanced level skills required to gather, organize and perform analysis on diverse equal employment opportunity/affirmative action programs and initiatives as well as those to present findings and make recommendations that are significant to a department or unit, verbally and in writing.
Has in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs and applies it to the completion of diverse equal employment opportunity assignments.
Demonstrates advanced level of political and organizational acumen.
Demonstrates advanced judgment and technical experience in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and developing recommendations.
Knowledge of complexities surrounding sexual violence and sexual harassment cases in a college setting, including experience conducting investigations in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Familiarity with campus dynamics and civil rights laws and regulations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview