8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
UCR is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions and demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning. This individual serves as a Network Administrator for the Information Technology Solutions Department and shares responsibility for the development, operation, and maintenance of UCR's Network infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing wired/wireless networks, VoIP, installation and configuration of all Network Equipment (traditional network and telecom specific) equipment. The Network Administrator must maintain a high level of network related expertise and a high level of awareness regarding any technology implemented within the university (e.g. route, switch, firewall, wireless, load balancing). . The Network Administrator must work closely with all teams to ensure seamless delivery of infrastructure implementations. The Network Administrator will act as a first line support for the Network team, providing timely troubleshooting and diagnosis for problem resolution.
Thorough and broad knowledge and experience working with network management systems.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Ability to gather, organize and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments.
Demonstrated diverse problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated thorough knowledge of professional communications and network concepts necessary to resolve issues using established parameters, creativity and independent judgment, escalating as necessary.
In-depth experience with network diagnostic and performance management tools and software.
Thorough understanding of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including understanding of OSI layer 3 protocols at a basic level and layer 2 protocols at a complex level and related technical standards critical to the operation of interconnected networks.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview