Finance and Administrative Fellow
8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $50,050
In order to encourage emerging health administrative managers, the UCR School of Medicine is offering a fellowship for health administration graduates. Our goal is to hire and retain administrative leaders who will help move our organization forward. A one-year health administrative fellowship will be offered each year to graduates who complete a masters in health administration, masters of business administration with a health concentration, or masters in policy with a health or business concentration. Fellows are not required to have any prior healthcare administration experience beyond formal education. Fellow rotations for academic year 2018/2019 will include six months working in clinical operations and clinical finance, three months in general and research finance and operations, and three months in education and faculty development. How to Apply: Fellowship applications will be accepted from October through December 31 of any given year with fellowship year beginning in August of the following year. Prospective fellows will apply online including a mandatory cover letter which should include their expected graduation date. Interviews for fellowship positions will commence in January with offers made in early spring for an August 1 start date. In keeping with UC Riverside School of Medicine's mission of developing and providing community based medical services, applicants that reside in the Inland Empire may be given preferred consideration. Under the general direction of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer in the School of Medicine, this position will perform administrative and analytical financial duties in support of SOM operations. The duration of the position is 12 months. A cover letter and resume is required.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Basic proficiency using spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
Basic knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Acquiring ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
Basic interpersonal skills; broad service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Under management guidance, uses organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Analytical skills that are typically acquired during the course of obtaining a master's degree.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview