8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $50,050
The program coordinator will plan, implement, market and evaluate cultural and educational program related to the Chicano/Latino undergraduate and graduate student populations; coordinate outreach efforts targeted to K-12 and community college students; coordinate cross cultural program with other campus departments; provide support and assistance to Chicano/Latino Student Organizations; assist in recruitment. training and supervision of peer mentors with a focus on mentorship to Chicano/Latino students at large; and act as an advocate for student concerns. Please note: The duration of this position is for 1-year. Continuation of the position beyond 1-year is contingent upon funding.
Abilities in problem identification, reasoning.
Basic knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, written communication and organization skills.
Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
Knowledge of student issues impacting a campus population, including national trends, policies, and concerns affecting Chicano/Latino college students.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skills in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
Understanding of University rules and regulations.
Strong program, planning, organizational and time management skills sufficient to independently set priories, coordinate and complete a number of competing assignments with established deadlines.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview