8AM - 5PM
$45,623 - $65,438
This position will provide administrative support to the office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Services (AVC-ES) by serving as the first point of contact for the AVC's office. Duties include scheduling support for the MSO and back up support for the Associate Vice Chancellor. This position will provide administrative support to the ES office and any related office functions; Student Services Building oversight, providing administrative support to the 10 departments within ES, serving as the focal point for incoming communications to the ES central office, and providing administrative assistance to the AVC-ES and MSO.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the issues with which the AVC-ES and the MSO are concerned; using independent judgment, tact, and decisiveness while working under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, multiple tasks, and projects with competing deadlines. Budgeted hiring range $21.85 hour to $23.39 hour.
Four (4) years demonstrated experience in administrative support for executives or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated progressive experience in providing administrative support.
Ability to use independent judgment, tact, and decisiveness while working under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, multiple tasks, and projects with competing deadlines.
Skill in maintaining confidentiality of information, records and correspondence using judgment and discretion.
Demonstrated skill in identifying the correct issues to be communicated, the appropriate audience, the method of communication, and the timing of the communication.
Skill to independently compose letters, memos, reports, and other written communication materials for a variety of audiences, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
Superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community including international visitors.
Experience managing calendars and coordinating travel arrangements as necessary.
Ability to express an allegiance and commitment to the campus values and principles and contribute to a working environment that fosters a culture of evidence.
Skill in learning and adapting to the programmatic context (history, direction, leadership, funding, and relationships.)
Knowledge of UC campus-wide policies and procedures.
Skill in analyzing policy issues, UC policy and procedures and other directives and form solid recommendations.
Demonstrated experience with UCR Financial System (UCRFS).
Knowledge of federal regulations that apply to federal grant programs.
Knowledge and experience of UCR's travel and entertainment policies.
Experience with payroll / budget transacting and processing with attention to detail and accuracy.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview