IT Infrastructure Operations Analyst (Day Shift)
$53,700 - $79,800
The IT Infrastructure Operations Analyst reports to the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager and works as part of IT Infrastructure Operations Center team that is responsible for monitoring and providing tier 1 response to incidents on campus IT infrastructure including voice and data network, servers, applications and other user services, 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. This position is for the day shift: 9AM to 5:30PM, Mon - Fri.
Demonstrated experience writing and editing scripts of moderate complexity used to perform system maintenance and administration.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated understanding of how system management actions affect users and dependent/related functions.
Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer security best practices and policies.
Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
Basic knowledge of how to apply technologies and systems to meet business needs.
Familiarity with server hardware including memory and disks
Familiarity with basic systems administration tasks in Windows and Linux
Knowledge and abilities using IT Service Management tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, RT, Pinnacle or Magic.
Knowledge of installing rack mounted servers and network equipment in standard datacenter racks.
Knowledge and abilities to perform system backups and use of archival software
Knowledge of database user interface and query software
Knowledge of Network security or virtual private network VPN management software - intrusion prevention system IPS;
Knowledge of Network Administration software and applications - Infoblox, CiscoWorks, CPI, IPConfig
Familiarity with ITIL processes
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview