Urgent Care Physician
43% Part Time
Commensurate with Experience
Under general direction, Urgent Care Physicians will be responsible for both direct patient care and for other administrative duties as designated by the Medical Director. In this position you will examine, diagnose, and treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses. You will counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions, medical concerns, or health wellness. In addition, you will provide direction to clinical staff; and may instruct and educate trainees and/ or staff.
This is a Per Diem appointment. Per Diem Physicians are hourly paid appointees whose primary purpose is clinical service. These appointments have a variable schedule and cannot exceed 43%. These appointments may be on a pre-scheduled basis or as needed on a day-to-day basis as determined by the University. Monday through Friday shifts are 12 hour shifts and weekends are 8 hour shifts.
This position's primary work location will be at MedPost Urgent Care in La Quinta, California; however, may be assigned to assist in affiliate facilities.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Please note: UCR is implementing a new job classification system, Career Tracks, with effective dates of September 27, 2015 for non-exempt employees and October 1, 2015 for exempt employees. The payroll title for the position for which you have applied may change at the time of hire or on September 27, 2015 and October 1, 2015, respectively. This change will not impact job duties, responsibilities or a salary that has been offered. Please visit: http://hr.ucr.edu/salary/careertracks.html for further information.
Possession of the legal requirements for the practice of medicine in California as determined by the California Medical Board;
ABMS Board-Certification in Family Medicine;
Active and unrestricted medical license in California;
Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescribing number, and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification;
Strong background and skills in clinical practice, clinical teaching, and managed care;
Advanced communication and interpersonal skills;
Ability to work effectively with staff and patients from diverse ethnic/racial backgrounds, educational levels, sexual orientations and identities;
Ability to stay abreast of new medical knowledge, and to maintain and increase expertise and skills as relevant to clinical practice;
Ability to work independently under general direction and to work collaboratively with others;
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Computer proficiency and first-hand experience in using electronic health records systems to document patient interactions and coordinate care.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview