Associate Director, Planning, Design and Construction (PDC)
Job Title: Associate Director, Planning, Design and Construction (PDC)
Job ID: 24358
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3312
Department: Facilities Planning
About the Position
The Associate Director, Planning, Design and Construction (PDC) assists the Senior Director in managing the Planning Division and provide vision and leadership in the planning and development of the University's campus.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recommends initiatives and changes to improve quality and services for unit/department/division/college.
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices; initiates and implements plans to solve problems.
- Works with other units/departments/divisions/colleges to coordinate workflow and activities to insure a seamless operation.
- Provides vision and leadership in the development of the University Physical Space Plan.
- Establishes rapport with people from diverse backgrounds, and maintains dignity and self-control in difficult situations.
- Maintains contact with customers, faculty, staff and students and solicits feedback for improved services.
- Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow; develops and recommends budget.
- Prepares progress reports, informs supervisor of project status and deviation from goals; prepares activity reports for management guidance.
- Operates department/unit/division as a team.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operation functions.
- Develops, communicates, and maintains guidelines and procedures to support the functions of the service group/division/college.
CAPITAL PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development of the University's Five-Year Capital Outlay Program, and functions as the liaison between the campus and the CSU Chancellor's Office, when the situation demands.
- Identifies the needs and coordinates the development of capital outlay feasibility studies and their successful incorporation into the final Capital Outlay Budget Change Proposals (COBCP).
- Assists in the development of the Major and Minor Capital Outlay Programs.
- Coordinates the evaluation of space utilization, space assignments, short and long range planning requirements of campus units, classification, and other space related issues, maintaining the campus space database and coordinates with the CSUCO to ensure the accuracy of the State Facilities Data Base (SFDB).
PLANNING, PROGRAMMING & DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the development of architectural programs, design development and contract documentation relating to the capital development on campus.
- Evaluates, develops and monitors project budgets to assure the project goals are met.
- Acts as a campus and users advocate to actively pursue CSU System and off-campus project findings.
- Provides technical assistance and consul to campus community.
- Serves on campus communities relating to campus planning and construction.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position may also require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position will be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24358.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.