International Student Advisor
Job Title: International Student Advisor
Job ID: 24422
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3084, Range 1
Department: International Student & Scholar Services
About the Position
Working independently under the general supervision of the Director of International Student and Scholar Services, and receiving work direction from the Assistant Director of International Student Advising, the International Student Advisor (ISA) provides direct service to students and scholars; offers administrative and technical support; facilitates programming; interacts with faculty, administrators, staff, and off-campus agencies. These areas often overlap in the fulfillment of responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide one-on-one and group advising. Process paperwork for F-1 students benefits, such as OPT and CPT, as well as Change of Status, Reduced Course Loads, Extensions of Program, etc. Provide administrative and technical support.
- Plan, coordinate, and present workshops and information sessions to communicate F-1 student immigration regulations and SJSU policies to international students.
- Advise Students with academic and personal concerns. As appropriate, refer students to colleagues for professional support.
- Serve as authorized staff member, DSO, for the immigration tracking and monitoring system, SEVIS.
- Assist with coordination of the international student ARRIVAL/Orientation, International Week, and other programs in partnership with campus colleagues.
- Assist in the creation, revision, and ongoing support of office publications, website, and e-communications
- Serve as liaison to student clubs
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24422.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.