Career Counselor - Generalist (TEMPORARY)
Job Title: Career Counselor – Generalist (TEMPORARY)
Job ID: 24455
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3079, Range 2
Department: Career Center
About the Position
*This is a temporary one year benefited position.*
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Career Counselor/New Student Program Lead, the Career Counselor Generalist works in a collaborative team setting to assist in serving primarily the new and undeclared student population. The primary responsibilities include assist the Program Lead to deliver quality career education and coaching to individuals and groups of all sizes. Additional priorities involve assist in conducting student outreach and gathering student feedback to improve service quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in implementing assigned program tasks related to student professional development, career development, and employment.
- Assists in supporting students with development of basic employment transition plans including building quality job searches, resume/portfolio preparation, professional ethics, interviewing, and networking competencies.
- Assists in conducting standard workshops and assists in facilitating groups on various career management and job search topics.
- Assists in assessing needs and coordinating learning/programmatic outcomes with faculty in collaboration with key employers, community partners and the Center team.
- Assists in supporting development of resources, online/virtual tools and resume referrals relevant to program.
- Assists in developing relationships and communications with academic partners from assigned colleges and related academic clubs and relevant professional/community organizations.
- Assists in engaging academic sector in serving the needs of employers and relevant programs and building long-term interaction with the University.
- Assists in designing and implementing marketing collateral and promotional efforts related to program coordination and delivery.
- Assists in delivering preparatory programs and workshops which posture students for quality connections with employers and successful employment experiences.
- Assists in development and integration of web content, virtual services and on-line/long distance programs related to assigned academic fields.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24455.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.