IT Project Manager, UCLA Anderson Computing & Information Services (ACIS)
Anderson Computing & Information Services (ACIS) provides information and technology services to the Anderson School of Management. Under the general direction of the Deputy CIO, the IT Project Manager plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to deadlines and within budget. This includes identifying resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and 3rd party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The IT Project Manager will work with the project management team to evaluate and recommend work processes to introduce efficiencies and consistency across projects.
As a member of the project management team, the IT Project Manager will manage IT project development from beginning to end through activities such as defining project charter, scope, goals and deliverables that support the stakeholder's success criteria. Other duties include developing full-scale project plans and associated communications, manage change requests, schedule project timelines and milestones, and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management. In addition, the IT Project Manager is responsible for influencing team members and stakeholders to follow standard project management practices to achieve implementation goals. This includes helping to build a project management toolkit to assist other project managers based on established industry standards (e.g., PMI PMBOK).
The IT Project Manager must have broad knowledge and comfort with technology and be able to work closely with highly technical staff on the planning and implementation of moderate to complex IT projects. These IT projects can include topics such as software development, hardware deployments, and implementation of new IT services.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 27399
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- 4+ years direct work experience in an IT project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong working knowledge of project management software and related tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Trello, Smartsheet, Basecamp.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP.
- Broad knowledge of and comfort with technology (e.g., software, hardware, IT services).
- Proficient understanding of platforms such as Windows, MacOS, Unix/Linux.
- Working knowledge of industry standard project management practices (e.g., PMBOK)
- Familiarity with adapting industry standard project management practices (e.g., PMBOK) to meet the needs of specific departments and industries.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct