Executive Assistant 2
Executive Assistant 2
Department: School of Nursing
The Executive Assistant to the Office of the Director of Admissions and Student Services plays an integral role in the recruitment and retention of students to the nursing programs and the operations and management of the Office of the Director Admissions and Student Services. This position requires general knowledge of the university as well as all aspects of the School of Nursing: personnel, structure, offices and labs. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Admissions and Student Services, as well as serving as the Academic and Event Scheduler for the Hahn School of Nursing and Beyster Institute for Nursing Research. Supervision received: The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Director of Admissions and Student Services, and the Assistant to the Dean, for broad policy guidance and direction.
The responsibilities described are those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Office of Admissions and Student Services Support
Primary Functions Admissions and Student Services Support
• General Administrative Support of the Director
• Schedule prospective and current student appointments with the Director
• Process and distribute various correspondence initiated by the Director
• Open and sort mail and during the Director's absence and respond as appropriate
• Maintain literature inventory and see that office brochure racks are filled
• Maintain all admission documents and student records for the nursing programs
• Assists with recruitment event coordination (on and off campus)
• Assist with recruitment inquiry process
• Assists with admission application processing
• Respond to applicant questions about programs and application process
• Create and maintain applicant files
• Create and maintain applicant databases
• Enter student applicant data in applicant databases
• Forward files to Director for evaluation
• Prepare and send various applicant correspondence
• Prepare and processes School of Nursing financial aid award letters (4 sessions per year)
• Maintain financial aid spreadsheet data and run reports utilizing Excel
• Reconcile awards and track fund balances
• Assist the Director in resolving procedural problems regarding aid/billing posting
• Maintenance of Student Records, Database and List Serve
• Maintenance of Inactive and Alumni Records
• Coordinate Navy Duty Under Instruction Scholarship (DUINS) process
• Create, process and monitor curriculum plans for Navy DUINS applicants
• Create, process and monitor cost quotes for enrolled Navy DUINS students
• Serve as liaison to commanding offices in Washington, D.C.
• Nursing Honor Society – Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Support
• Annually upload the list of students eligible for induction into the STTI Chapter Management System
• Assist STTI Faculty Advisors with coordination of the annual induction ceremony
Academic and Event Scheduling
Primary role as academic and event scheduler
• Collaborate with university schedulers each academic session to ensure uniformity and timeline compliance, to share ideas and learn business processes to make the scheduling process more efficient on a campus wide basis.
• Develop the academic course schedule with administration, faculty and staff, resolving conflicts and entering course information into Banner (including needed lab fees, new course sections, new faculty and changes as needed)
• Maintain four course and room scheduling calendars (Fall, Intersession, Spring, and Summer); on-line course schedule (Banner), room schedule (EMS)
• Pre-assign classrooms to courses as approved by administration and faculty
• Export course data into EMS and import space assignments back into Banner once the information is accurate and complete
• Communicate all changes to course offerings, titles, descriptions and additions to the University Registrar for Banner Programming
• Assist faculty with relocation and rescheduling of class times when necessary throughout the semester
• Assist faculty, staff and students with event space scheduling
• Coordinate and maintain schedule for use of the Mother's Room
• Advise other room schedulers on campus (academic and event) on room availability in the School as needed
• Enter all resources into the EMS system for events in the nursing buildings
• Assist as liaison: between Media/Desktop Support Technician and faculty requesting media in rooms
• Serve as school representative at Catering Operation and EMS Users' Group Meetings
• Must be fluent in word processing, database and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Office applications and internal database management systems, including internet and email.
• Ability to use software and implement programs to create and enhance existing databases, spreadsheets and tracking systems.
• Ability to analyze reports, summarizing and presenting information from the database.
• Knowledge of Banner, Salesforce, and Event Management Software preferred.
• Attend necessary professional development and job-related training.
• High school degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred and at least five 3-5 years of experience in higher education
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Intermediate to advanced computer and word-processing skills (Microsoft Office)
• Ability to communicate effectively, pleasantly and articulately
• Excellent phone skills
• Proven ability to work independently without supervision
• Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to work in a busy environment with high customer service standards
• Mature, positive attitude and team player
• Display consistent, professional punctuality and attendance record
• Proven ability to follow through on projects and to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of university policies and procedure (preferred)
Special Condition of Employment:
Must be able to work flexible hours including weekend and evenings occasionally as needed.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: $20.70-$24.00 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: March 7, 2018
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]