The City Colleges of Chicago has opened the search for the president of Olive-Harvey College. Located in the city’s far South Side, the college is in the midst of a thriving industrial corridor. Olive-Harvey College is the largest of the City Colleges with 67 acres.
Olive-Harvey College’s more than 5,700 students pursue associate degrees, basic and advanced certificates, adult education (GED and ESL), and special interest courses. A satellite site, the South Chicago Learning Center, expands the college’s reach, providing adult education courses to the community.
A talented corps of faculty and staff prepare students for successful transfer to bachelor’s degree programs or directly into the workforce. The college is City Colleges of Chicago’s center of excellence for Transportation, Distribution and Logistics education (TDL), one of the region’s fastest growing industry segments, and TDL programs soon will be hosted in a new state-of-the-art TDL Center, complete with a working warehouse. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Olive-Harvey College’s constituencies and the City Colleges’ leadership team will welcome a president who supports the mission and will respect and advance the college’s core values, helping to realize its power to change lives; valuing the diversity of people and perspectives; enhancing student learning; delivering instruction that is relevant, current, and designed to allow students to compete in a global economy; preparing students to participate in society as responsible citizens and consumers; and ensuring that programs are accessible and affordable. The president must join in the advancement of a strategic plan. An applicant with knowledge of TDL along with best practices in postsecondary teaching and learning is preferred. The president must be a thoughtful, transformational, can-do leader who will infuse the ideals of “community” into this community college. Applicants also should meet the following expectations:
- Strong students-first focus in programs, delivery, and support services;
- Experience in student recruitment, retention, and persistence;
- Successful, proven guidance of finance, budgeting, and fundraising resources;
- Team-builder and team player, collaborating at all levels with the college community;
- Engagement with K-12, higher education, and other public/private partnerships;
- Servant leader committed to inclusivity, diversity, and social justice;
- Innovative strategic planner with a vision for a strong Olive-Harvey College future;
- Bold voice of the college, collaborating with District office leadership and peer presidents;
- Support for collective bargaining and union negotiations engagement;
- Professional development advocate and respect for administrator, faculty, staff contributions;
- Teaching experience in a community college, preferably in an urban setting;
- Senior level administrative and/or teaching experience in a community college; and
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
To assure best consideration, nominations and applications should be received by March 23, 2018. The application must include a letter of interest (not more than three pages); a current résumé (or curriculum vitae); and the names of five professional references with each person’s position, office or home address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers. All applications will remain confidential pending the selection of finalists. The new president may assume office on or about July 1, 2018.
The search is being assisted by James McCormick and Janice Fitzgerald, Executive Search Consultants, AGB Search, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-238-5188; email@example.com, 717-580-0663. Nominations and applications should be sent electronically (MS Word or PF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about the City Colleges of Chicago and Olive-Harvey College may be found at www.ccc.edu.
The City Colleges of Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, order of protection status, disability, genetic information, military status, or status as a member of any other protected class under federal, state, or city law.
Apply for PRESIDENT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly