Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision and direction of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success manages the administration, reporting, and communication for all grant funded initiatives for Academic Affairs. The Assistant Dean for Learning Initiatives and Success directly manages the Perkins grant for the College, and in this capacity oversees success coaching. The Assistant Dean provides support and coordination for the College’s Developmental Education initiatives. The successful candidate will play a critical role in helping Westchester Community College stay at the cutting edge of strengthening the academic outcomes of students. In this capacity, they will collaborate with stakeholders, who reside in a variety of departments, to support their work, strengthen policies and practices, and plan for future development. The chosen candidate is expected to have excellent writing, communication, technology, and problem-solving skills and a facility for monitoring programs and academic information. Responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership around innovation and research in student learning initiatives and academic success.
- Providing leadership and oversight for a portfolio of grant-funded initiatives in Academic Affairs by providing oversight of grant management and reporting.
- Working collaboratively with the Westchester Community College Foundation’s Director of Institutional Advancement to identify and develop new grant proposals.
- Providing leadership for Perkins-funded activities for Westchester Community College, including overseeing the budget, monitoring metrics and progress towards goals, and report writing.
- Supervising college success coaches and seek out additional funding to support the success coaching initiative
- Working collaboratively with the teaching faculty, non-teaching faculty, Academic Support Center Coordinators, and administrators to coordinate initiatives involving our developmental education program;
- Serving on the Academic Leadership Council and other appropriate college committees
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Public Policy or Public Administration, or one of the social sciences is required. Five years of experience in higher education administration, student services administration, or grant-funded academic/program administration are required. Three years of experience in an administrative or supervisory position also required. Direct experience with grant management, grant budgets and reporting are preferred. The successful candidate must be excellent with technology and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $86,001 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Candidates can send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, and three professional references to: [email protected]. Please indicate “Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success” in the subject line of the email; or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
Please indicate "CODE:IHE"
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by March 9, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.