Medical Assistant Faculty Member
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Medical Assistant Faculty Member. Full-time faculty are those persons employed to provide instruction during a regular academic year whose assigned load is a minimum of thirty (30) semester contract hours on a 9-month contract. This position will teach courses in Allied Health (ALH) and Occupational Healthcare Administration (OHA) programs.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Examples of Duties:
- Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the college and within the scope of a defined course or study.
- Develop curriculum and learning assessment processes.
- Meet all administrative time lines and complete the submission of required documents and reports.
- Help students in registration, advisement and coursework.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- As assigned or elected, serve on committees and coordinate the activities of program advisory committees.
- Participate in the College's promotional and community services activities and engage in activities that contribute to the College's efforts to recruit and retain students (Faculty recognize that some recruitment and retention efforts are time sensitive and that faculty recruitment and retention efforts are most effective when conducted during these time sensitive periods).
- Sponsor or assist with student clubs or activities.
- Assist part-time faculty, instructional assistants and tutors in the faculty member's field of study.
- Perform such other related duties as the appropriate dean or the chief academic officer may assign for the good of the College.
- Contribute to external standards of performance such as accreditation and state mandates.
- Promote a professional educational environment by dressing in a manner appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Educational Background:
- Candidates must possess an earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field as appropriate to the program.
- Medical assisting credentials as either Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists (AMT). Has taken instruction in educational theories or techniques.
- At least three years of experience in healthcare, including at least 40 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures performed by medical assistants. Teaching experience in postsecondary and or vocational/technical education.
- Community college teaching is preferred.
- Familiarity with Blackboard platforms and operations
- Additional certifications preferred.
- Master's degree is preferred.