Director of the Cybersecurity Program/Faculty Member
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Director of the Cybersecurity Program/Faculty Member. Full-time faculty are those persons employed to provide instruction during a regular academic year whose assigned load is a minimum of thirty (30) semester contract hours on a 9-month contract; some functional responsibilities of the Director will be completed during the summer. This position will teach courses in Computer Information Technology (CIT), Cisco Systems (CSC), Networking (NET), and Network Programming (NEP) programs.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the college and within the scope of a defined course or study.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- As assigned or elected, serve on committees and coordinate the activities of program advisory committees.
- Participate in the College's promotional and community services activities and engage in activities that contribute to the College's efforts to recruit and retain students (Faculty recognize that some recruitment and retention efforts are time sensitive and that faculty recruitment and retention efforts are most effective when conducted during these time sensitive periods).
- Sponsor or assist with student clubs or activities.
- Assist part-time faculty, instructional assistants and tutors in the faculty member's field of study.
- Perform such other related duties as the appropriate Dean or the chief academic officer may assign for the good of the College.
- Contribute to external standards of performance such as accreditation and State mandates.
- Promote a professional educational environment by dressing in a manner appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evaluates, revises and updates Edison forms for record keeping.
- Submits annual Edison Assessment Report.
- Schedules and chairs one advisory committee meeting annually.
- Advises students about progression within the program and preparation for the internships/apprenticeships.
- Works with full-time faculty advisors to help them with academic advisement appropriate for the Cybersecurity student.
- Writes letters of recommendation for students about to graduate.
- Coordinates potential jobs with Career Placement Office.
- Internship Coordinator:
- Seeks new internship sites
- Maintains contract with internship sites
- Works with internship sites to resolve problems
- Develop and maintain a listing of qualified adjunct personnel for the programs.
- Recommend staffing for full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Inform the Dean of the need for new adjuncts.
- Participate in the selection process for new adjuncts by reviewing applications for appropriateness of education and experience, making the necessary arrangements for and participating in the interview process, and conferring with the Dean.
- Assist new adjuncts with orientation to the College and to the position, and provision of texts and course material.
- See that adjuncts are assigned mentors, as required, and facilitate the work of mentors.
- Provide adjunct faculty syllabi and other course materials to ensure professional standards, quality, and effectiveness in reaching course outcomes.
- Coordinate the review and revision of course schedules, including coordination with other departments and monitoring of enrollments and recommendation of additions and deletions of sections.
- Coordinate scheduling and maintenance of classrooms and labs.
- Coordinate curriculum revision, C-TAG/TAG/OTM submission, syllabi revision, and textbook adoption.
- Coordinate the development of articulation agreements as needed.
- Coordinate the preparation of informational brochures and other publications with Marketing for the directed programs.
- Coordinate community involvement for the programs.
- Coordinate recruitment and marketing efforts for the programs in conjunction with the Dean and other appropriate offices.
- Teach courses in the program.
- Provides input into the budget process for the Cybersecurity program.
- Work with the Dean to assure that adequate resources are available for the Cybersecurity program.
- Recommend needed equipment and supplies for the Cybersecurity program.
- Some functional responsibilities of the Director will be completed during the summer.
Required Educational Background:
- Candidates must possess an earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Systems, Information Technology or related field as appropriate to the program.
- The qualified candidate must possess the current Cisco Academy Instructor requirements with the appropriate Cisco course qualifications and with documentation in the following Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) courses:
- CCNA1- Introduction to Networks
- CCNA2- Routing and Switching Essentials
- CCNA3- Scaling Networks
- CCNA4- Connecting Networks
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Additional certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with Blackboard platforms and operations.
Supplemental Information:Total combined salary is $52,500 to $57,500 to be broken down as follows:
Salary range for nine month faculty position is $45,000 to $50,000.
Additional supplemental summer contract for Director duties is $7,500.